How we use your information
We use and analyse your information to keep in touch with you and to keep you up to date with Anchored.
In particular, this means using your information to:
- Manage your account and help you to manage your account.
- Sort out a payment and put your booking through our system
- Get in touch with you (e.g. if we need to talk to you about your booking).
- Look into any complaints or questions you may raise.
- Tell you if we’ve made any changes to a cruise you’ve booked on, or tell you about a cruise or event that we think may interest you
- Check what you’re interested in, so we can offer (and develop) our services to you.
- Send you information about Anchored by phone, email, text, online banner advertising, or other ways. For some of this marketing activity we need your consent and, in those circumstances, we will only send you messages if you have asked to receive them.
We use your information in these ways because:
- We need make sure that we can provide you with products and services and to manage your account with us.
- Some of our use of your information is necessary for our legitimate business interests (such as conducting market research).
- You have given your consent to us using your data in relation to some forms of use. For example, in relation to using your information to send you marketing emails. You can opt out of this at any time.
How we share your information
In connection with the purposes described above, we may share your information with others:
- With any public authority or law enforcement agency (if they ask for it).
- To comply with law or regulations, or for possible legal proceedings.
- If you give us personal information that’s wrong or we find out (or think) you’re responsible for fraud. In these circumstances we might share your information with third parties such as law enforcement agencies
- If there’s an emergency and we think you or other people are at risk.
Why we keep hold of your information
There are certain reasons we have to keep hold of your information.
We keep information while you’re an Anchored customer or after you’ve left us, but only as long as we need it for the purposes described above. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information and purpose.
In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the information that we hold about you, including:
- The right to request details of the information we have about you. There are a couple of ways to do this and some requests have to be writing for legal reasons.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the use of your information where we are relying on that consent (for example, you can opt out of receiving marketing messages from us).
- The right to ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask that we erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- The right to request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- The right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner ico.org.ukif you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us on email@example.com
If you don’t want us to send you relevant offers or marketing information, you can opt out anytime by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are used for a variety of things that help improve your online experience. To make the best use of our website, on whichever device you use, you’ll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies.
Other ways we make our online service easier to use include using cookies that:
- make login faster by remembering your customer details
- make the page load quickly by sharing the workload across computers
- give you access to self-help information
- make sure our pages are optimised for your browser or device by giving us technical information about the device or browser you are using
Cookies can help give you content that matches your preferences. We might give you relevant offers because we know what other offers you liked. They also allow you to customise a page.
Safety and security
Some cookies help make sure your information is secure when using our services while keeping our booking forms quick and easy to use.
Improving our service
To make sure you don’t see particular adverts or announcements too many times we use a cookie to limit their frequency.